Friday 23 August 2013

Week 34 Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful

Welcome to a new Polkadoodle challenge!  Before we share what the challenge for this week is, I need to announce the winners from challenge 32 which was In The Garden, and the top three are:

1st Place - Deonna B - please use the code PD1W3432 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Sue Bearhouse - please use the code PD2W3432 to claim your prize
3rd Place -
Suzanne B - please use the code PD3W3432 to claim your prize

You each win a wonderful DigiWorld Downloadables!

Right, onto the challenge, the them is:

All Things Bright and Beautiful

Onto the Design Teams creations!

Ruth:  I've altered a little canvas and added stamped images from the Studio 12 collection - Dreamy Trees and House of Hearts.  I've coloured everything with Promarkers and added the bunting banner with some offcuts and cocktail sticks!  The heart has been layered with glossy accents but its not shown up too well!



Asha - I love Christmas and wasn't about to miss out on a Christmas challenge for no good reason! So I'm gate-crashing team B's party with this festive step card. The colours are bright, the baubles are bold, the presents are plentiful and the fairy... oh so beautiful! All papers, images, elements and greetings are from Polka Doodles' fabulous new Christmas collection called Angelberry Christmas. To finish my card I used just one thing - some twine! For dimension, I popped the pressies up on some foam tape...and I'm done!



JAN:  Hehe, I guess this one's open to interpretation, because I didn't think Christmas at all! I saw lovely bright colours and that led me straight to the 'Tropical Sorbet' section of the fantastic 'Bonbon Belles' CD. I have never used this colour combination before, but I love it and the sentiment is fab. Take a closer peek to see all the little extra flowers that I cut out and decoupaged on the flower wreath!

Lizzie - So..... I thought what to do ..... for the challenge well ....Red is a bright colour and this box I saw is beautiful so I decided to have a go making it !! Oh what fun I had !! Just look at those poinsettias they are lush !! And so easy to make. Of course I had to glitter up my poinsettias with Stickles ! I layered the poinsettias and curled them to give them dimension. Just loving them !! I used the new Angelberry CD for the papers, poinsettias and the holly.

The box itself is folded ! YES ......... Folded !! I used a die for the base of the lid, border punches and gems. Oooh yes and I used my new watermark on my photos I got from Polka Doodles ! Check them out there are a few to choose from !

Anjie - For my project this week I have made a card with colours that I think are bright and beautiful.
The image, papers, messages and embellishments are all from the fabulous Bonbon Belles Double CD. From my stash I've added some ribbon and a doily.



Shell- My card this week uses one of the Emma Canning digi's from the store here the image has been coloured with copics, and the papers are off the Angel Berry CD (not just for Christmas) All the die cuts have been cut using my cameo.

Kim - I used the Angelberry Christmas cd to print off some gorgeous papers and topper - and added my own sentiment. I've made a simple gift bag from an envelope, and just added some glitter, ribbons and buttons
  
Lou: For my project I have used a selection of Studio 12 stamps and Polka Doodle stamps and have cheated a little by making the sentiment match the theme! Stamps used are Shabby Chic Roses, the heart is from "Distressed Zig and Zag" set and the sentiment was made using the "Distressed Typewriter Alphabet". The background was created using the checkerboard stamp from "Wonderland Stamp Set" and I have used this stamp on the flowers and leaves for added definition. All images and sentiment are coloured with various distress inks. Finished with some ribbon and chipboard buttons which I have covered with left over Polka Doodle papers.


Now the lucky winner of this week challenge will win a wonderful DigiWorld Downloadables, which is a great way to begin your Polka Doodles digi obsession. There are lots to choose from!.

Now it's your turn and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 1 September to enter and Good Luck!

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.





Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations everyone - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you picking my card as one of your winners, well done to your other winners too.
    thanks for another fabulous challenge
    off to Email you now
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun themed challenge and the amazing DT work for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely DT creations. Thank you for a great challenge this week.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a great challenge, what fun :) Congrats to the DT too, the creations are fabulous:) Hugs Mimi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenges each week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic projects DT. I love this Challenge!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the DT examples especially Ruth's canvas, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. some awesome entries well done everyone xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!