Friday 28 June 2013

Tutorial Fairy Wings

   Hi everyone!  I think some people struggle with masking so for my first tutorial I thought I'd do it for you step by step.


1. I stamped out the Bevvieboo image.


2. I stamped out the same image again and cut it out to make a mask.


3. I then laid one image over the top of the other and taped into place with removable tape (avoiding the wing area).


4. I then took the butterfly stamp and worked out where I needed to stamp it. I then stamped it with clear embossing ink.


5. Next step is to add black embossing powder then carefully remove the mask.


6. I then heated up the black embossing powder.


7. I drew a blue line around Bevvieboo to make her stand out then coloured my image and put the card together.


I think sometimes the simple techniques are the best so I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.

love Bev x








4 comments:

  1. Wow that's amazing thank you for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fab Bev, thanks for sharing the masking! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tutorial, thank you and such a gorgeous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Bev and a beautiful card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!