Friday 24 June 2011

Week 25 Challenge - Stashbox Stamps & Colour Theme

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! It's Friday again and we've got a great challenge lined up for you this week! As it is the last Friday of the month, the Design Team dust off their favoured stamps and use them with Polkadoodle products. If you want further details about a particular stamp or sentiment, just click on the name of the creator and it will take you to their blog.

The winners from Challenge 23 - Something For Dad are:

First Place: Ruby
Second Place: Susie Little
Third Place: Lisa Jane

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - the blue frog link will close at 12noon GMT on Sunday 3 July.

Ruth: I've used a Dude Time Doodles image, coloured KO Kurt with Promarkers and I've used papers from the Fathers Day Download (because I love 'em so much!) Sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs.

D'Anne - Happy Celebration to you! This card was created using many wonderful products. The digital star background paper is from Adorable Digital Design and the red and white strip digital paper is from the Sundae of Seasons CD-ROM. To add depth I added glitter, ribbon, a button and clear glaze. The digital image was colored with Promarkers. The digital image was created by Learning-Years, coloring pages.



Emma Hello there, I used some gorgeous papers from the Sundae Of Seasons CD to make this tag. My stamp choice is a Magnolia Tilda coloured with Promarkers, I just added some twine, beads, punchout trim, liquid pearls and glitter to embellish.


Enfys: I took it into my head that I wanted to make a pretty girly card with the download papers for Father's Day. The image is by Lili of the Valley, coloured with Promarkers. The border punch looks really weird in the photo, in fact it is a pretty leaf border. The sentiment is by Stampin Up

Josie: I really wanted to use my Alice Stamps this week, and the beauty of stamps you can choose what ever colours you like. So I coloured with Pro Markers with all different shades of red and blue. Couldn't resist using some Polkadot card and some mirri card.


Fliss: Hi all, it may be patriotic colours but I have a decidedly non patriotic card for you as I've gone for my favoured vintage style. I combined some gorgeous vintage look blue paper from the Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD with a rather saucy showgirl from a Kanban stamp set. I've made my card easel style with faux stitching decorating the blue paper. I added the image panel which was coloured mostly with a ruby Promarker and lots of pretty lace, swirls and bling.


Lis-m I have used the papers from Paper Boutique -Projects Galore. I cut the papers in strips, and stitched them onto the background card. I added a nestie circle, and coloured in the Humphrey image with my Promarkers



Colette This week I've coloured a Sarah Kay image with a mixture of Promarkers, Whisper and Zig pens (don't have enough of any one kind), and made it up into a card using my new Fiskars Lace and Lattice corner and border punch for the red mat, another corner punch without the corner doodah to make the white scalloped borders, and a paper from the All Around and Everywhere CD. The butterfly is a Marianne Creatables die and the gingham ribbon and blue crystals are from stash.


Claire: I have combined a ladybird Tilda along side elements from the Polka Doodles cd's Creative Christmas , All around and Everywhere and Back to nature. Just added a little doodling and some glaze.


Miria - For my card I used an old Heindesign stamp coloured with waterpencils. The papers are from Not for girls and Sundae of seasons then I added lace, ribbon and pearls.


Good luck with the challenge - its open until Sunday 3 July at 12noon GMT and please remember our rules!
*****




1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [26 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!