Friday 9 July 2010

Week 27 Challenge - Summer Theme

Welcome to another Friday and another Polkadoodle challenge!
Just before we get started with the challenges, just a reminder that Polka Doodles will be exhibiting at the Doncaster Summer Crafting show next week on Sat 17th and Sun 18th July - Nikky hopes you will be there and please pop in and say hello - there are LOADS of brand new exclusive products which will be launched at the show so make sure you get in for first dibs!! (But, if you do miss it she's also just confirmed this week that PD will also be at the Harrogate GNPE show in September this time, yahoo!).

Also, more exciting news this week...we can't say TOO much, but make sure you checkout this blogspace on Friday 23rd July for news and details of a MEGA competition we will be hosting...we have some fantastic prizes to giveaway in conjunction with a leading UK manufacturer, so make sure you check it out, you really will not want to miss out on entering, we're all dying to share the deets!

Anyway, back to business, this week Enfys has set the challenge of:

A Summer Theme
Just think of all the lovely bright colours you could use - and have a look at the Design Team samples below for some wonderful inspiration!
Before I forget, here are the top three from Week 25:

First Place: Sandra P
Second Place: Crafty Fairie
Third Place: Donzabub
Well done! Please email Nikky for your blinkies!
Now onto the Design Team samples! Good luck with the challenge - the rules are at the bottom of the post.

Enfys:
I used papers from All Around and Everywhere to cut out this little boat and sun from my Cricut. If you print your paper onto white card, it tears beautifully, that's what I used for the 'waves'




Brenda For the Summer theme I have used the Heritage section of Back to Nature CD, re-sizing the paper to achieve smaller butterflies and printing onto acetate. The border is punched with Martha Steward embossed butterflies and the large butterfly is cut with a Cuttlebug die using a coordinating paper from the same collection.
Stacey - For this weeks summer theme I have decided that Meeshelle is in need of a summer holiday so I have sent her off in her summer love bug!!! The car is from Paper Boutique Vol 1 and the papers are from All Around and Everywhere!!!
Kris: Here's a little summer card using one of my favorite of Nikky's drawings - Summer Polly. I also used a variety of papers and flowers from a bunch of CD's and I'm sorry to say most were printed before I got smart and started marking the backs-LOL! Hope you like it!


Jenny I opted for some scrummylish delish strawberries from Candy Doodles! The bowl is made from part of a cupcake case also from Candy Doodles. In fact all of the elements came from Candy Doodles, except the pink frame which came from All Around and Everywhere and the butterfly which is part of the Meeshelle Fairy Flutterfly stamp set.


Ruth: I've not yet used the bunny rabbit from Paper Boutique Vol 1, so perfect opportunity! I used the A5 size and used the majority of the layers - used foam pads to achieve the depth. The paper behind is also from the same cd and I've added a little bit of edge doodling.

Tracy - For my summer theme I have chosen to use Back To nature for my image and backing papers. My flowers have come from the All Around And Everywhere CD. And for my butterflies I stamped them using the Fairy Flutterfly stamp Meeshelle.


Tracie: I used butterflies and backing paper from Candy Doodles and Sentiments from All Around and Everywhere to make my simple card.


Nettie: When I think of summer, I think of flowers and bright skies. I have used the All Around and Everywhere CD for this one. I have used ribbon for the stem's of the flowers and I have made the sentiment spin. Sorry you can't quite see that is this picture.


Kerry - Went for a summer boating theme using papers from All Around and Everywhere. I cut the little boats on my Cricut and layered them with paper. Added some 3d gloss for water droplets.

Fliss: Nothing says more to me about Summer than the flowers and butterflies in my garden so my card has both of these. I've used several CDs here as the pretty paper is from Sugar Birdies, the flowers from Paper Boutique 1 and the butterflies are from All Around and Everywhere. I finished off with a little bling on the butterflies.
Claire I have gone for Nikki's fab tortoise and flowers and for a bit of fun cut Fairy Flutterfly Maggie off her toadstool so she can ride on the tortoise's back. I think he looks very happy with his new friend!


Lisa This week I used the Back to Nature CD and made a card with a flowery garden theme. I love the bright flowers and the sweet smell of summer! My Mom always plants a butterfly garden in the summer and I love to sit and watch all the butterflies enjoying the flowers!

Good luck in entering - you have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 18 July to enter and please remember the maximum number of challenges you can enter with your Polkadoodle creation is 10 (including Polkadoodle).
******

6 comments:

  1. Hi all this is a big thanks from me for my 2nd place in the challenge i'm well chuffed and my blinkie has taken pride of place on my blog!!!well done to the other winners and everyone else who took part.
    Best Wishes,
    Kerry (craftyfairie) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a Fun Challenge, Great Inspiration by your DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge girls, gorgeous DT work, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge. I always appreciate all that you hard working ladies do. I can't always go to your individual blogs, but I try to make sure that I leave a message here. Your cards are so lovely.

    I wasn't sure if the peacock would qualify for "summer" until I saw that Lisa actually used the some of those images also. I was going to post anyway just to let you see what I had done with the BTN cd.

    Thanks,

    Debra (dj1952)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice challenge girls, DT cards are lovely, thank you. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!