Friday 2 July 2010

Week 26 Challenge - Decorative Item

Hope you all enjoyed the new Cd release on Create and Craft this week. Paper Boutique Vol 2 - Creative Christmas is great fun, jam packed with the quirky and the more traditional designs for Christmas. More about that in a minute !

Now for the winner of Dee's Fathers day/Male project theme challenge. What a lot of fabulous projects - just so creative - who say's men's projects are hard? It amazes me also every week that the Dt can vote for so many different projects - we indeed all have different tastes and to me that is a great thing. But after the voting process the winners are.....

1st Teri
2nd Michelle
3rd Lorainne

Email Nikki for your fab blinkies - Congratulations!

With the release of the new CD, what better than a challenge this week to create a decorative item, could be an ornament, flowers, a box or hey start early on those Christmas decorations! So what can you come up with for my (Claire) decorative item challenge? The Dt as always have come up trumps - so lets see what they have install for us, and please pop by their blogs to find out more about their wonderful creations!

Lou: This week, I have made a picture frame and have used paper and elements from the "All around and Everywhere" CD. The butterfly was made using 2 of the flowers found on the CD and then layered to look like a butterfly . . . I hope it works ?!?



Kerry - I've made a Christmas bow using papers and a sentiment from Nikkys new Paper Boutique II - Creative Christmas CD. I used a silver Promarker to colour the edges of the bow and some of the snowflake centers, plus added a few silver gems.

Tracy - I have made a money box to hopefully collect some crafting pennies. I have used the Fairy Flutterfly stamps for the fairies, flowers and butterflies. The spotted paper is from the Love & Cherish CD, then the layered flower on the top and the fence are from the All Around & Everywhere CD. The fairies are coloured using Promarkers.


Claire - I love the new templates on the Creative Christmas - Paper Boutique vol 2 CD and decided on the more traditional wreath to create my decoration - I love it and it was so easy to work with. I have just added some red brads, crackle glaze and stickles.

Nettie: I have made a door hanger for the Baby's room this week as my decorative item. I have used a combination of CD's for this one. The paper is from the All Around & Everywhere CD and then of course the cutie owl is from the Back to Nature CD. I have distressed the edges of the letters and the hanger edges.

Tracie: This week I made 12 folded paper flowers using papers from All Around and Everywhere and a Vase from Paper Boutique Vol. 1

Fliss I've made a wall hanging piece of art this time with elements from the All Around & Everywhere CD as I really love the pretty houses and trees which are perfect to make a gift for a new home owner. I covered a piece of mount board with text paper from the Back to Nature CD printed on blue card then added a central panel of green polka dot paper from the AAE CD. I assembled it as you see adding gingham ribbon paper strips and a flower from the CD with the top text panel from Back to Nature.

Jenny I used the Christmas Pud Box template from the new Paper Boutique/Creative Christmas CD & flipped it upside-down to make an ornamental Ice-cream Sundae Box. The box is topped off with meringue-like paper swirls & a few strawberries from the Candy Doodles CD...Yummy!

Ruth: I've made a cheeky doorhanger - just right for pesky kids!! Made using one of the Santa digi images from the new Polkadoodles Paper Boutique Volume - Christmas plus paper from the same cd and die cut letters.


Dee: I've made a Christmas banner in celebration of the the new Polka Doodles cd, Paper Boutique Vol 2. I love all the shaped cards on this cd, but I have used the stampies to decorate my circles that I've cut from the backing papers. The extras I've used are ribbon, stickles, blue green and red inkpads and a black pen. It was a bit hard to photograph so forgive me please!

Lisa - I went with a traditional card this week and added some decorative elements to it. I used the fairy flutterfly Babsie and added a few decorative flowers to it. She is soooo cute!!!

Good luck with the challenge and please link your creation with the widgit below. Closing date for entries is Sunday 11 July at 12noon GMT and please remember our little rules!!
****


3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Jul 01:12pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DT outdid themselves this week. Your designs are awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.

    TFS,

    Debra (dj1952)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! I am blown away by the team's samples! What inspirations!
    I just entered mine.
    Thanks and Hugs,
    True :D
    www.TruesGiftsFromTheHeart.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!